TEAMSTERS DISTRICT COUNCIL 2
Scholarship Fund 2019
Teamsters District Council 2 is offering a financial award program for graduating High School Seniors and current college students of active District Council 2 members.
How much are the DC2 awards?
A One-Time award for Two Thousand Dollars ($2,000) will be granted to five (5) applicants.
Who is eligible?
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must be the child (son, daughter or financial dependent) of an ACTIVE Teamsters Union member, in “good standing”, from District Council 2, graduating from high school or a current college student, in 2019, and attending an accredited 4-year college or university in the U.S.
CONGRATULATIONS to our WINNERS of the 2019 DC2 Scholarship Fund:
1) Andrew Albrecht, son of Ray Albrecht at KP, LLC, Renton, WA
2) Rocio Berber, daughter of Margarita Berber at Tomatek, Firebaugh, CA
3) Elizabeth Luna, daughter of Maria Maciel at PCA, San Lorenzo, CA
4) Julia Ruiz, daughter of Juan Ruiz at Royal Paper Box, Montebello, CA
5) Yasmin Shateri, daughter of Nasser Shateri at International Paper, Moses Lake, WA
Teamsters District Council 2
710 E. Commonwealth Ave.
Fullerton, CA 92831
Stop National Right-to-Work
DC2 is excited to join forces with Joint Council 42 in their movement to stop National Right-to-Work. Right-to-Work For Less equals lower wages and increased work place casualties. According to the Department of Labor statistics, in states that have enacted RTW, poverty is higher and school funding is lower. Join the movement to stop RTW and take the pledge at weareonebigunion.com.
Learn more by clicking here JOINT COUNCIL 42.